Growing Brixton’s Rec Quarter – Delivery partner sought
Following Cabinet approval on 8th February 2021, the council will soon launch a competitive procurement process to secure a delivery partner or consortium that can deliver on its ambitions for two of its sites located in the heart of the Brixton town centre, supporting the overall vision of growing, regenerating and connecting the area around the Brixton Recreation Centre, known as Brixton’s Rec Quarter.
As well as contributing toward an inclusive recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic, addressing the housing crisis and responding to the Climate Emergency, the future development of the sites is a key strand of a wider, long-running programme of investment and activity being delivered and facilitated by the council and partners around Brixton’s Rec Quarter that aims to build a better, fairer Brixton for generations to come.
Key project objectives
- Around 240 new homes – including 50% affordable with 70%/30% split council rent/intermediate
- Community engagement and co-design
- Prioritising equalities, diversity and inclusion
- A permanent home for Brixton businesses – including an affordable workspace hub
- Street market facilities – provision of storage space, car park and waste compound
- London Living Wage Jobs Guarantee
- Safer and healthier streets – improvements to Pope’s Road and Brixton St Road
- Good quality jobs and apprenticeships for local people
- Sustainable net-zero development
How to access the opportunity
Further information on the procurement objectives and process is detailed in the Information Memorandum:
To register on EU supply follow the link below. Procurement documents will be available from 1st April 2021.
Procurement launch event
The council and its commercial advisors, Avison Young, hosted an online launch event on 25th March which provided details of the opportunity, the council’s development objectives and the procurement process. You can watch the full event recording using the link below: